You’ve installed Office 2010, but when you try and activate it you get an error “Please try again later (0x8007000D)”
Click on Start, then right-click on Computer and choose Properties. In the next window, click on Device Manager. If this opens an empty window, follow this procedure:
- Log on to the machine as a local machine admin (<computername>\administrator)
- Run Regedit as Administrator
- Expand HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum
- Right-click on Root and choose Permissions
- Click Advanced, then Ownership tab, and take ownership as your current user name. “OK” out of property windows.
- Go back into Permissions and on the rights tab grant Full to Everyone, click OK
- Follow the instructions here: http://www.fixkb.com/2012/03/error-0x8007000d-when-activating-office-2010.html
With any luck, Office will now activate.